VR Expo World development and company plans for 2021
February 6th, 2021
How will the virtual industrial exhibition develop in 2021 and what new things await users and exhibitors? The VR Expo World project team shares its plans.
- Opening a central hub (hub) and booths in the general pavilion VR Expo World for exhibiting companies. In the Report for 2020, we already mentioned that the project team has begun developing a shared pavilion for companies who want to place their equipment at the virtual exhibition. In 2021, we are planning a major update to the VR Expo World app. The new version will include a shared exhibit hall for users, and companies will be able to order their equipment placement. Also, “connecting” elements of the exhibition complex will be added to the virtual exhibition – a special elevator-teleport and a separate lobby (before exiting to the general exhibition hall). There users can adapt to the VR environment and go through the initial training on how to interact in the virtual exhibition.
Hall before entering the VR Expo World general exhibit hall
- Opening of Newcom-NDT’s new exhibition sector. A major event for the project team and users of VR Expo World this year will be the integration of the new exhibition sector into the global space of the fairgrounds. The visitors of the sector will have access to a VR version (viewing with VR glasses) and a PC version (viewing on a monitor, control with a keyboard and a computer mouse). Based on photos, drawings and technical documentation, virtual prototypes of real equipment have been created for the company. Users have an opportunity to learn how to work with equipment of Newcom-NDT company and to try themselves in a role of flaw-detector. A simulation of work in the “field” has been created.
The company “Newcom-NDT” is a supplier of equipment for computerized radiography in the sector of non-destructive testing (NDT). More information about the company itself can be found at official website..
Open Space. Newcom-NDT sector.
- New episodes of the developers’ blog VR Expo World. On our YouTube channel we will continue to share video reviews of VR Expo World virtual exhibition, project development plans, and cover significant VR industry news. It is worth noting that both Russian and English subtitles have been added this year already (for the convenience of the English-speaking audience and expanding the geography of user interaction).
- Update and localize the website. This year we are also planning an extensive redesign of the website. The design will be updated and pages of exhibiting companies will be added. For the convenience of users and closer interaction with the audience VR Expo World, will be added a registration form with the subsequent creation of a personal account. After registration, users will have full access to the VR Expo World application and will be able to visit the virtual exhibition (after downloading and installing the application on their PC) without any restrictions. We will notify of planned technical works on the website in advance in the ‘news’ section, and also duplicate information in our Instagram, FB and VK accounts.
Entrance to the nondestructive testing laboratory. Newcom-NDT Sector
- Participation in grants and developer contests. The project team has repeatedly proved that the VR Expo World application is worthy of separate attention not only from companies, but also from users around the world. The approval and support from such companies as Epic Games and Oculus, allocation of MegaGrant for the further development gave a powerful push to the project. This year we will continue to participate in various developer competitions. This will make the VR Expo World project more recognizable, as well as expand the geography of users and interested companies.
Andrey Vasiliev, the founder and general director of VR Expo World, shared his comments on the project’s Roadmap for 2021:
Of course, one of the main events at the virtual exhibition will be the opening of the exhibition sector of Newcom-NDT, work on which began back in early 2020. A tremendous amount of work has been done, and we can say with confidence that we have something to surprise users! In addition to the new exhibition sector, we plan to open a common exhibition hall for exhibiting companies this year. The booths in the general pavilion will be filled with equipment for new exhibitors as we receive applications. At the moment, several companies are already interested in placing their virtual models of equipment in the common hub. We will continue working on other areas: upgrading and updating the website, releasing new video reviews, popularizing technology VR among companies and interested users. In addition we plan to register the VR Expo World application in the registry of software for computers and apply for registration of the VR Expo World trademark.
Follow our project news on the website and social media, download the VR Expo World app, explore new equipment from exhibiting companies and the new world of VR Expo World virtual exhibitions.